Hello would you be kind to send your good luck Karma?

Hello Dr. Bob I have been a dedicated reader of your forum for the past 4-5 years since my beginning stages of worrying of being HIV positive. I have sent you emails about my encounters only to realize then that my answer was all over you forum. I was absolutely grateful, from you humorous response to the bottom line takes home message that has relaxed my nerves to the date I got test and was negative. I have been good and always used protection. But then it happened. My streak burst a couple of days ago when the overwhelming craving of getting blown took over my common sense entirely. I received oral sex unprotected for about 10 minutes or less. Now I am aware of the risks and the difference of low risks and no risks, saliva are not considered to be a transitional route for the virus in general, unless if there is blood presence and even so. There have been no documents cases that receiving oral sex had lead to HIV acquisition. Calling CDC information (scary people by the way) But there have been cases nevertheless. And that my chances of not getting the virus are in my favor. But this does not change the facts that I will only be happy and Woo-hooing at the 3 month period when I get testeed. I am really anxious Dr. Bob for what I committed again. You would think people would be more cautious, but the nature of ours hormones always seems to gets the better of us and you can only again learn from it. Since I have nothing to do but pray and slap my self occasionally and of course reading you response to similar events of other people, I do want something along your good luck karma. This would no doubt help me through this long three month period when I get tested again. Thank you. Anxious Guy

Hello Anxious Guy,

You are correct on both counts:

1. Insertive unprotected oral sex carries only a very minimal risk of HIV acquisition. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this 10-minute suck-a-thon.

2. The higher powers gave man both a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to run one at a time.

Good-luck karma signed, sealed and sent!

8 Months Later
What to do