8 Months Later

Eight months ago I was diagnosed as HIV+ and my world came crashing down. I was worried about my girlfriend, my son, and past partners that I may have infected. My initial test results were not very encouraging, my initial tests showed my CD4 count had plummeted to a mere 13 and my viral load had grown well over 300,000. My girlfriends love and support, this website, your empathy and compassion helped me keep a hold of my sanity. Now after eight months of taking Atripla every night before bed, I have attained an undetectable viral load, a CD4 count of 140, and Im not suffering from any adverse side effects to speak of. In the grand scheme of things Im a relative newbie when it comes to the AIDS epidemic, but I wanted you to know that your insight and willingness to be on call to anyone with a question or concern has been a true blessing. Congratulations on your marriage to Dr. Steve, and I wish you both many years of marital bliss. I do have one question for you. My doctor mentioned in passing that my cholesterol was a little high but didnt give me a specific number. Im 6 tall, 160 lbs, and 26 years old. Is this a side effect of the Atripla or should I just try harder to watch what I eat and exercise more?

Thanks and congratulations once again, Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your kind comments and wedding congratulations. I'm delighted you are responding well to your current regimen and tolerating it well. Regarding your cholesterol level, Atripla is generally considered to be "lipid-friendly." It may have mild effects on LDL. I would suggest you focus on diet and exercise for now.

Good luck!

positive ELISA negitive western
Hello would you be kind to send your good luck Karma?