Freaked out - Please HELP

Dr - I must say I love all of your work and effort to help so many people out there. I will be sure to donate. Now for my question...

I noticed you have many different answers on the 3 month/6 month window period debate and I have read all of them. You basically stated you need the information specific to the case and then you make a decision so I am going to give you my information. I spent all day today calling all 50 state hotlines you have listed on this site asking about false negative elisa's so as you can see I am irrational and FREAKED OUT!

I had a relationship with a co-worker of unknown status although she claims to be 100% clean. I have had random swollen lymph nodes under my arm (seem to go from one arm to the other) so as I was doing research obviously HIV came up.

We had vaginal sex a few times and maybe 3-5 minutes of anal sex one time (did not finish with anal). Bottom line is I had a 3rd generation Elisa test (blood drawn) done at 20.5 weeks since my last sexual encounter of any kind. The test came back unreactive/negative. Do I need to get another test at 6 months or should I woo-hoo at my 5 month test? Please please please answer as I've spent the last 2 weeks pouring over this site and many others and I was hoping you could answer my specifics.

Thank you kindly.

Freaked out and need help!!!

Hello Freaked Out,

All 50 hotlines? Impressive! Wildly neurotic, but impressive nonetheless!

Your negative ELISA at 20.5 weeks is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional tests are warranted.

Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing! It's long overdue!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well!

YOU FINALLY SAVE MY LIFE !!!cuban hug !!!
Dr Bob,check this out!!!