Nov 14, 2008
I know this is probably totally dumb, but I dropped my phone in a porta-potty recently and reached in to get it. I had an open hangnail. Is there any possibility that HIV infection could be possible, maybe if someone who is infected was menstruating and I came into contact with blood?
Response from Dr. Frascino
You dropped your phone in a porta-potty? ICK! Fishing that out could not have been a pleasant experience. Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, even with a hangnail. Your chances of wanting a new iPhone: excellent.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sinus Infection An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.