|(FREAKING OUT) Insertive Oral and HPV (FREAKING OUT)
Nov 14, 2008
I have now donated. This is the third email in a very short amount of time - I am freaking out. I have a genital wart at the base of my penis. I had a prostitute give me oral sex with a condom on, but I don't know if the condom covered my wart or not. Am I at risk, should I get Pep or should I end it all? Please reply. PLEASE REPLY NO JOKE PLEASE REPLY. Thanks, N
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Are you at risk? No. Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best.
2. Should you get PEP? No, of course not.
3. Should you end it all? End it all? Hmm . . . no, N. I don't think that's such a great idea. Instead I would recommend that you enroll in some drama-reduction classes!
1. Get your genital warts treated! (You potentially exposed your sex worker to HPV! She's the one who should be writing to me. Not you!)
2. If, despite my reassurance, you can't shake off your worries (unwarranted as they are), get a single three-month HIV test. The results will undoubtedly be negative and that should put any residual worries permanently to rest.
Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).
Be well. Stop freaking out!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What Can I Do To Ease The Pain From Genital Herpes?
- What Age Group Does Genital Warts Affect The Most?
- Vitamins To Help Fight Genital Warts
- What Is The Quickest Way To Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia In The Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.