The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

glory hole - help

Nov 14, 2008

I am married, and feeling guilty.

I used a glory hole in a sex shop - I masturbated a few men, then once I briefly put my penis through the hole (but in fact was not masturbated - man was not interested).

I was careful not to masturbate my own penis after touching another man's.

But my penis did, of course, touch the hole. And I think - but can't be sure - that I might have felt a bit of lube (oh my god, maybe semen?) on the hole itself.

I know my risk of HIV is tiny (please tell me this is right). But what about other STIs? Syphilis etc etc.

Please reassure me. And then I promise I will never betray my beautiful wife and child again.

Thank you

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your STD/HIV-acquisition risk is so remote it's essentially nonexistent. Your fears are way out of proportion to any actual risk and most likely are attributable to your guilt.

I'm not sure promising never to betray your beautiful wife and child again is the ultimate answer. I would strongly suggest you consider counseling to address sexual orientation issues. Understanding what got you into that booth for your guilt-inducing glory-hole activities is what is actually needed for your future mental and physician well-being. Ultimately, I would also advise you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Zithromax-Urispas & HIV
I need my WOO - HOO

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint