Zithromax-Urispas & HIV

Hi Dr. Bob,

I recently received unprotected oral sex (insertive), ass rimming (receptive) and a protected vaginal intercourse (insertive) with a female sex worker.

Unfortunately for me, this first foray into an unprotected oral sex scene caused me infections with Chlamydia and NGU.

Interestingly the doctor I saw only did a casual look at my penis and its discharge and provided the diagnosis.

As the title suggests, I was given a jab (forgot the name) and 2 oral tabs: Zithromax & Urispas to swallow in the next 2 days.

According to him, these are the newer generation of drugs and prove to be more effective and time saving for my infections. Is this true?

He also scared me into returning 3 months later for a HIV and Syphilis test.

I asked whether my chance of being infected with HIV to be extremely low, given my only true exposure was oral sex, and that the vaginal intercourse was protected. However he was adamant that the risk is still "significant".

My question is whether my HIV risk has increased significantly with my infection with Chlamydia and NGU?

Would my risk in your professional opinion still be reassuringly "extremely low" and "woohooable" if I were to take a single Rapid HIV Test at the 3 months mark?

In fact, should I just take the test for safety reason, or is it just for reassurance?

Sorry for the department of redundancy question that never dies.

Hey, I read your archives, just needed a personal reassurance since this is my 2 firsts - first to get infected during my first unprotected oral experience!

Please also send me your calming and absolutely beneficial good luck karma for my 3 months negative HIV test, please?

Best, Freaking First Timer

Hello Freaking First Timer,

I'll make several comments about your story and close with my good-luck karma, OK?

1. It is not appropriate to diagnose someone with Chlamydia and NGU based solely on visual inspection of your drippy Mr. Happy. Appropriate tests would be needed to confirm a diagnostic suspicion.

2. It appears the physician covered you for a variety of STDs with the unknown "jab" and Zithromax (antibiotic). Urispas is a medication designed to decrease urinary tract spasms. It can provide symptomatic relief of painful urination, urgency, frequency, incontinence and suprapubic pain that can occur with infection in the urinary tract. It is not an antibiotic.

3. Your HIV-acquisition risk from unprotected oral sex remains extremely low. Yes, you would be "WOO-HOOable" if you had a negative HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I would not consider your risk "significant," but as with all unprotected sexual adventures there is some degree of risk.

Finally, my "calming and absolutely beneficial good karma" has been sent!

Think imma die soon
glory hole - help