The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

One eyed pirate

Nov 14, 2008

dear doctor Bob, I would like to ask if i should be worried and if i need to test. I went out with some friends at a restaurant and went to wash my hand at the restroom before eating, while i was about to wash my hands i pressed the soap dispenser and turned the faucet on but somehow the water and some soap splashed to my eyes. The water counter was wet from previous patrons.I also bought a juice drink and notice after drinking there was pubic hair on the side any worry?

My questions are: 1) do i need to worry about this incident? Is there anything i need to be concerned about? 2) any chance of getiing an std thru this? 3) do i need to wait 3 months to test, since ive had a general check up already 4) water from the basin or counter might have splashed into my eye and im getting scared my eye has become sensitive thank you

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello One-Eyed Pirate,

1. No, of course not. If HIV were that easy to transmit and acquire, it would have wiped out the planet long ago.

2. No, not unless you decided to have unsafe sex with the hottie washing up at the sink next to you.

3. No, because I do not feel HIV testing is warranted. If it were warranted, yes, you would have to wait until the three-month mark for a definitive result.

4. Your fears are unwarranted and irrational. Relax Max. You're fine.

Finally, did you have to pay extra for a juice drink with the attached souvenir??? The HIV risk from a wayward pube is nonexistent.

Dr. Bob

Waiting for results (from Milano) part 6
can grinding dance cause any disease if I have ejaculated?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint