Baby Oil and latex (again..)

Dear Dr. Frascino!

I' ve herad you are one of the immunologist worldwide. My bets friend told me about this page. And, i m here for donations, cause i already donated for many AIDS-groups here in vienna. Now , i'm not very well: Doc, i visited a female prostitute (unfortunately), we hat protected vaginal intercourse, i was "inside" about 1 minute, anyway short time, and after it was "Done" i saw that she used a baby oil (after this i was so sick, that i can't dscribe you...). Ok, than i noticed the condom was ok (optically, it looked like it remainde its elasticity..huh). But.. there are so many scared reports and other (experts ) say there is no risk. Now, you are MD , immunologist and you know about latex and kind of possible damages if baby oil come in contact with latex... I copied also an information about it from another forum. PLEASE, i'd like that you tell me your opinion-cause i have (unfortunately!!) wife and i feel so bad. My fault, i shood know it and look better.... Was it a risk behaviour? Or is risk really nonexistent?

Quote from other forume " Oil based lubricants weaken latex and can cause condomCondoms Female condoms breakage. However, oil is not a problem if the condomCondoms Female condoms doesn't break. It doesn't increase "leakage" of secretions or viruses through the latex. I don't know what "conflicting information" exists -- I doubt there are many professionally run websites or other information sources that say anything different than this. If there are, you can be sure the information was written by educators, not scientists, who simply don't know the facts. "

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Worried Tom

(P.S: large doantions are underway to hepl your research 150 E /month from me , and 150 /month from my two friends)

Hello Worried Tom,

While it is true that oil-based lubricants can denature latex, increasing the risk the condom will fail (break), I do not believe you placed yourself at great risk for HIV, because penile-vaginal exposure was "brief" and the condom remained intact. If you remain worried, despite my reassurance, you can get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'm confident the result will be negative, but if this helps put your fears permanently to rest, it may be worth the effort psychologically.

Thank you for your willingness to make a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well Tom.

Thanks for kind invitation
Smelling semen in a public restroom