Should I be scared?

Three weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a gay bottom who lied about his HIV status. He admitted to me afterwards that he was HIV +... Since I've had four test done bc everytime something little happens I freak out. I'm just wondering is that I something that I should really be freaking out about. My doctor said my risk was low but even a low risk scares me senseless. Is there not a test that I can take sooner that will give me an accurate answer so I can feel better?

Should you be scared? No. However, you certainly should be concerned. The reason for being concerned (and also for getting HIV tested) has nothing to do with symptoms and everything to do with risk! You elected to have unsafe sex. Consequently, you placed yourself at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Why did you only become "scared senseless" when you found out your partner was HIV positive? What if he never leveled with you about his status? You'd still have just as much risk of being infected. Twenty-five percent of the HIV-positive folks in the U.S. have absolutely no idea they are HIV positive! That is why we must assume all our sex partners are potentially HIV positive and therefore take all the necessary precautions to prevent HIV transmission. As for your stud muffin telling you he's HIV negative, I wouldn't trust someone even if they slapped a lie detector on their Mr. Happy as we jumped into bed. Hopefully you've learned a valuable lesson by enduring this anxiety-provoking experience: unprotected sex is never worth the potential catastrophic consequences.

As for HIV testing, you should get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. If negative, a repeat test at six months is recommended by the CDC, because you had a significant exposure to a partner confirmed to be HIV positive. Tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be conclusive or definitive. PCR testing is not recommended for routine HIV diagnostic screening, due to the rate of false positives, other technical considerations and cost.

Good luck!

Public Occupation Screening
I have a different problem with hiv test