Public Occupation Screening

Dear Dr. Bob,

I was wondering if all people working for the public have routine HIV screening.Does this include bus drivers working for the public. Please give a response as to what you might know. I am really concerned about this becuase of a transmission with a bus driver a month ago. (It's not what you think)

Thanks and hopefully I'll see some sort of an answer.

No, "all people working for the public" are not required to have routine HIV screening! Why would they? HIV is not transmitted by casual contact.

The only way that Bus Driver would have been a risk to you is if you had unsafe sex with him in which case it wouldn't matter if he was Carl the bus driver or Joe the plumber!

tempted to BareBack
Should I be scared?