Waiting for results (from Milano) part 5

Today I went to an HIV specialist at the San Raffele Hospital in Milan (maybe you know it). He will run additional test like a PCR, viral load and CD4 count. He said also that there's a possibility that I'm in a more advanced infection since some antigens will no longer be reactive to the HIV proteins listed in the WB results. I'm a bit confused but I'll wait until the next week for the additional tests.

I'm glad you are under the care of an HIV specialist. Once your results are back, you'll have a much clearer picture of your status. You can begin learning more about HIV disease by reviewing the wealth of information on this site and its related links. Begin with the chapter entitled "Just Diagnosed" that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage under the Quick Links heading.

Thank you for your educational humor
about hepatits B