irrational fear RE: HIV?

Dear Dr.Frascino

i managed to worry myself sick in March of 2008 with fear of HIV, when i finally worked up the courage to go for a test, the result came back as negative (which, needless to say made me feel really good) however, i have recently been worrying about the 3-month window period. i went for another test today and the results will be back in 5 days. im really worried about it, but i think my fear is irrational as i have not been sexually active since my last test and cant remember doing anything particularly high risk other than un-protected oral with other men(and from what i understand from researching the matter, is not particularly high risk). it also helped that the nurse gave me a funny look when i explained my situation, took my blood, gave me twinvax against Hep B and C, and sent me on my merry way. Anyway i need to know if you think my fear is irrational,i know its better to be safe than sorry but it is getting to the point where i can no longer think about sex as a fun activity, more of a life-threatning experience, sex is supposed to be fun - not stressful.

Thanks in advance, Your freind in scotland. x

Hi "freind in Scotland,"

Freind???? Yep, I'd agree your fears are irrational. Also, just for the record, the Twinvax includes both hepatitis A and B vaccines. There is no vaccination against hepatitis C.

If indeed you can "no longer think of sex as a fun activity," I'd suggest you consider counseling, because I can tell you from personal experience it's way, way fun!

sad information
FUNNY,FUNNY,FUNNY... lol