Not in archive or anywhere for that matter!

Dr. Bob,

Here goes nothing...

Over the summer an acquaintance of mine tested positive. It was a huge shock because I had never known a positive person before and I rarely thought about HIV. My current roommate (we'll call him John) used to live with the positive person and was good friends with him throughout high school.

Here's where I become involved. John had sex with a girl approximately two years ago that the positive guy had previously had sex with.

I'm concerned for John because he had one episode of protected sex with the female, but also one episode of UNPROTECTED sex with the girl that could have been infected by the positive acquaintance.

I've told John that he should be tested, but he doesn't think it is a big deal and hasn't said anything to me indicative that he will ever get tested. He has also sniffed cocaine with the positive person on a couple of occasions and I'm afraid that that could be another way he could have become infected.

So, with all of that said, here is my question: Over the summer I smoked blunts(weed) with John almost every night and subsequently shared eye drops with him to cure our red eyes.

Is it possible that HIV could be transmitted this way? Sometimes I would use the eye drops first, then he would use them, but other times he would use them and I would immediately use them and sometimes the nozzle would make contact with my eyeball.

I've learned so much about HIV recently by using your site and reading others, but there is no info about eye drop transmission. I'm worried that since we had bloodshot eyes that somehow some blood could have been shared. I am not out of the window period for testing and I am absolutely sick of worrying about HIV.

Thank you so much Dr. Bob for taking time out of your busy schedule to read through these questions. I'm sure you know that you mean a great deal to a lot of people!

Your worries about HIV transmission via eye-drop nozzles are unwarranted. Gosh, for someone so completely and constantly stoned, you sure are anxiety-prone. Are you sure there is anything in those doobies you've been sparking? HIV testing is not medically indicated. However, if my reassurances are not enough for you to shake your worries, get a single HIV-antibody test to put your fears permanently to rest. The test will undoubtedly be negative. You'll then yell WOO-HOO and probably celebrate by getting totally zoned out on a Maui-Wowie bong.

hey it's me again :)
Kissing After Slapped in the Face with a Hockey Stick (STRANGEST QUESTION EVER????)