The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Should I worry? worrisome guy

Oct 30, 2008

Dear Dr: I admired you that you really devoted yourself in such kind of effort. You are the angle of my soul.Back to the Topic: Here is my story. I used to have oral sex with someone 8 months agp.I am the receiver. He gave me the oral sex through a tower and just 30 seconds. And I was in such a panic and feel guilty. After 4 weeks I do the Rapid/EIA testing it was negtive. 6weeks,8 weeks,11 weeks I did the Rapid/EIA testing it was also negtive. 100 days later I did the Rapid testing it was also negtive. In this period I was through stomachache, white tough and some symptons that really drove me crazy. Finally I went back to normal. But I still in panic and my stomach still feel not good. All in all,over the 8months later, I went to hospital and do the test again it was Rapid test(I think it's Determinte HIV 1/2/o) it's negtive. I dodn't have any sex during this 8 months. Here is my qustions: (1) Could I infect with HIV? (2) Did I be the long-window-period guy? (3) Should I need to retest agian? Thanks Dr.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worrisome Guy,

1. No, absolutely not. HIV is not your problem.

2. No.

3. No. Your repeatedly negative tests out to eight months are definitive and conclusive.

Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing!

Dr. Bob

Treatment Options
Hydrocortisone and Antibodies

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint