meds

Dr Bob, I do hope you enjoy your HIV, celebrity status- which you may not you know you have. You do keep those of us, who from time to time find nothing to laugh at, laughing with your comments and kick butt attitude. I guess as a doctor you are dealing with what we are dealing with on 2 fronts- as a doctor and patient. My question is this: Reyataz requires a meal for better absorption. What are the options if youre simply not up to eating at the time medication. What is the least amount of food to be taken next to best for better reyataz absorption. Thanks again in advance; and thanks for keeping me laughing.

Ciao,

Michael (from Canada)

Hey Michael from Canada,

Yes, I've now witnessed HIV from both sides of the examination table, with the eyes and mind of an HIV specialist physician, but also with the heart and soul of an HIV patient. I can tell you there is no doubt which I prefer!

Regarding Reyataz, it should be taken with a complete nutritious meal to ensure proper absorption. However, when you're not up to eating a mean, you can take it with a simple snack. Try a high protein shake (there are lots to choose from, like "Muscle Milk," for example) plus a granola or protein bar. Even a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (with the crust cut off, if you like) would work. Since we are in the home stretch of a history-making political campaign here in the States, I'll advise that if Obama needs a quick meal, he'll reach for the protein bar, whereas Sarah Palin will insist on a moose-burger.

Ciao,

Happy diwaliiiiiiiiii WIF
oraquick testing