Hey, I'm in the room

As an HIVer like you I'm always amazed at how you maintain your cool with writers who beg you to tell them they are not HIV positive after 20 negative tests after some nearly non existent exposure. Heaven forbid a test were to come back positive! they act like it would be a fate worse than death. I find the stories amusing but am also offended. , Not to belittle the disease, I'm doing well, never been sick and expect to lead a normal life, just have to take a daily dose of pills like millions of other Americans who aren't HIV positive and take daily meds for other reason. Don't these writers realize that YOU are HIV positive and haven't slit you wrists over it? I can't imagine someone terrified to find out that they are diabetic crying on the shoulder of an endocrinologist who is insulin dependent. I don't know how you keep your cool with these people. It's kind of insulting to all of us virally enhanced folk. But I guess we should learn from your example. You take the high road of a true physician.

Thanks for your insightful comments. I have pointed out the insensitivity of some questioners, particularly those who write in every 10 minutes claiming they will kill themselves if I don't respond immediately or that they will commit hara-kiri if they test positive, etc. Some don't' realize I've been "virally enhanced" since January 1991. Others are so egocentric and clueless they don't really care. What you see posted on the site is only a tiny fraction of the gazillions of questions I read through on a daily basis. On occasion, I want to play a scene from the movie "Moonstruck" with these questioners. I would be Cher and the questioner would be the clueless Nicholas Cage. I would then bitch-slap him while yelling "snap out of it." However, since that is not possible, I just occasionally bang my head repeatedly into the keyboard or pour a nice calming glass of port and take another lesson from "No Drama Obama" on how to keep one's cool, even while being attacked by a clueless Alaskan Caribou Barbie dressed in Neiman Marcus haute couture while shooting a moose-gun from a helicopter.

Thanks for your support and for reading the forum.

Be well. Stay well.

poss transmission to child
Any Follow Up?