Shaved Skin and Risk

Dear Doctor Bob!

I wonted to ask you, if fresh cuts from shaving increase the risk of virus transmission.

I shaved my intime region an had 2 small cuts. About 1 hour aftre this i wisited a female sex worker. I had protected oral intercourse. Doc, this cuts was not active bleeding , but when i arrived home, i washed this cut and there was blood traces on my towel. Is it potential risk . I know you receive a lot of stupid, silly questions, but i do not know if this invcrease the risk of transmission.

THANK YOU, an as promised, i will form time to time come to your site and donate regulary.

BYE

Robert

Hello Robert,

Theoretically, if your skin is not intact, there is an increased risk for HIV transmission if the area came into contact with infectious bodily fluids. Practically speaking, if these shaving-related cuts were not actively bleeding, it's doubtful there was a significantly increased risk for acquiring the virus. Even if the cuts were still fresh and open, your HIV risk would still be negligible, as your only activity was oral sex. Saliva cannot transmit HIV, unless it contains visible blood.

As always, if my reassurance is not enough for you to shake your worries, you can get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Thank you for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated.

Stay safe. Stay well.

re: epidermis rash
Happy Diwali