Please respond Dr. Bob

Hi Dr. Bob, I'm hoping you'll respond to my question as I'm kind of desperate. Almost one year ago, I made a huge mistake and had a brief unprotected vaginal encounter with a guy I was seeing at the time. It lasted about one minute or so with no ejaculation. I've been tested with blood antibody tests (in Ontario, Canada) at 3, 5, 6, and 8 months - all negative. I realize that this is supposed to be definitive and conclusive, but I have a mildly enlarged isolated cervical lymph node in my neck that won't seem to go away. I've had it checked out by my doctor and he thinks it's just stubbornly enlarged and he isn't concerned. What are your thoughts about this? Is there any way I'm a late seroconverter? I've moved on with another partner and I really don't want to pass anything on to him. Would you recommend any other type of testing like DNA or RNA PCR or would that be wasteful? I've been obsessed with this for the past year and it's starting to affect my present relationship...please please help Dr. Bob...I need some guidance.

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to eight months are definitive and conclusive. No additional HIV testing is warranted. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. (No McCain. No Sarah "I can see Russia from my house" Palin.) Whatever is causing your enlarged cervical lymph node, one thing is absolutely certain: it's not HIV! HIV-related lymphadenopathy (swollen nodes) is generalized. The virus travels quickly through the blood to all parts of the body. The swollen nodes are found in multiple locations. An "enlarged isolated cervical lymph node" is not even suggestive of HIV. Stop worrying. Start WOO-HOOing.

condom effectiveness (CONDOM EFFICACY 2008)
Thrush