Do I still need to worry about HIV?
Oct 27, 2008
Dear Dr.Bob, this is my detail: 7 years ago, 2 times sex with street girls, having condom, but my penis touched the vulvae before having condom. 6 years ago, 1 times sex with a street girl, having condom this year: Feb. 15, blowjob by a street girl, no condom. May 17, french kissing with a girl friend 5 times.
Aug. 8 , got HIV test, the 3rd ELISA, negative Aug. 25, got HIV test,the 3rd ELISA, negative Sept. 15, got HIV test, biomerieux, the 4rd ELISA, negative Sept. 15, got T-lymph test, the result is: cd3+ 47.1 65-79 % low cd3+cd4+ 25.1 34-52 % low cd3+cd8+ 16.3 21-39 % low cd4+/cd8+ 1.54 normal Oct. 5, got T-lymph test, the result is: cd3+ 43.2 65-79 % low cd3+cd4+ 22.1 34-52 % low cd3+cd8+ 14.7 21-39 % low cd4+/cd8+ 1.50 normal,but smaller than last time Oct. 5, got RT-PCR test, no virus. those two months, I lived in scaring, pharyngitis and cholecystitis recrudesced, had a little folliculitis, a little jerk. Dear Dr. Bob, I want to know: 1.According to my infomation, did I still need to worry about it or infected N or O subtype HIV virus so that can not be detected? 2.Should I still get a six-month test? 3. Why was the result of T-lymph test so low? Was it related with my dread? and my symptom? Pls help me, thanks very much, and forgive my poor English.I will make a donation, just because my credit card is applying, you will get it.
Do I still need to worry about HIV?--somthing added (Submitted Oct 26, 2008) Dear Dr.Bob: I m sorry I missed some symptoms to report to you. It was 7 weeks after french kissing, I got a cold, and 1 week later, my left and right ass appeared simplex Herpesand recured 3 times in 1 month, then got well. Thanks. pls help me. I am living in dread.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Worrying Robin,
I combined your two posts.
I'll be brief, as HIV is definitely not your problem! Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests are definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative.
To answer your specific questions:
1. No. You are conclusively HIV negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional testing is warranted.
2. No, you've had way too many tests already.
3. The real question is why you had T-cell subset tests run. There was absolutely no indication to order these tests. The results, not surprisingly, do not reveal a low CD4 cell count or any abnormality suggestive of HIV disease. These types of tests can be helpful to monitor immune damage in HIV-positive folks. You are not HIV positive. The variation in other subsets of cells on this test reflects other things that may be happening in your body. Your slightly low counts are not at all worrisome.
My advice is simple: stop worrying about a disease you could not possibly have. There is overwhelming and irrefutable evidence you are HIV negative.
Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).
Be well. (Yes, you are well!)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection Sign Of HIV Infection
- Is Diarrhea An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Effective Are Swabs When Testing For An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.