The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Don't know if im okay or not?

Oct 23, 2008

I've been active since I was 18 and never went to the obgyo an recenlty in the last couple months i noticed i have extra skin an bumps inside me but ,they dont hurt. And sometimes i bleed even tho im not on my period why is that? Also do you think I have hiv or stds? im scared and need some advice. thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino


You've told me you've been sexually active since you were 18, but you neglected to tell me how old you are now. My general advice is that anyone who is sexually active should have regular visits with her gynecologist. I have no way of diagnosing the cause of your "extra skin bumps" inside your vagina over the Internet. You need to be examined. They could be normal or possibly related to a sexually transmitted disease, such as human papilloma virus (HPV), which can cause genital warts. Your episodes of bleeding in between menstrual periods also should be evaluated. Don't be scared. Just get the routine medical care you need, OK? I also strongly encourage safer sex practices, including latex or polyurethane condoms, for penetrative sex. You can read much more about safer sex techniques, HIV sexual prevention and HIV sexual transmission in the archives of this forum. Have a look!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

can hiv infection syptoms apear in ony 3 days
Thanks Dr. Bob

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint