Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

planning to donate 50$ pls help me...
Oct 22, 2008

Dear, Dr. Bob

i am a man from the philippines my problem is i recieved a handjob from a prostitute in the philippines.. she uses soap as a lubricant.. the soap has many other users not only us because we are in a motel then she puts her saliva using her index finger and puts in my urethra then we dont engage in any penetrative sex or oral sex.. My questions are:

1. can the virus survive in the soap? the soap is small already and i think it is used a number of times by unknown users.. what if there is genital secretions in the soap? can i be infected? i think the time interval before we used is about hours.. and the soap is a little bit dry when we use it..

2. does the survival of the virus outside the environment( ex. on the soap) depends on its subtype or strain? i am asking this because i live here in the philippines ( i heard that the crf A/E is common on SE asia)

3. saliva w/o visible blood can it infect? the amount of saliva is minimal i think a drop or so..

4. do you recommend testing?

i am sorry for my poor english.. just want to be calm right now and planning to test.. hope you can answer my questions for my anxiety/stress will subside.. thanks for the help doctor where can i donate? again Thanks.. and doctor good job.. hope u can answer my question cause i am really scared right now..

R

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello R,

Relax; you're fine.

1. HIV would not survive on soap or anything else outside the body.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No. HIV testing is not medically warranted. However, if you remain worried despite my reassurance, an HIV test to put your (unwarranted) worries permanently to rest may be worth the effort psychologically. Wait until the three-month mark to assure the result is definitive.

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)

Dr. Bob

Previous
hi from turkey
Next
Pregnancy - husband & wife +

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.