hi from turkey

dear doctor bob!sorry for spelling n grammer mistakes.im from turkey.im working at the touristic hotel.i always had a protected sex till last year.i recieved unprotected oralsex for 1 minute or less from a turkish lady whose hiv status unknown.there was no cuts,sores,no blood on my penis,i had protected anal sex with her after that.i had ear infection 6-8 weeks after that intercourse.but i had ear infections afew times last 2-3 years!last month i had to work in the rain n i got wet.2-3 hours later i start to feel feverish on my face n ears.5-6 hours later i started to fell cold on my feet till my knees.i went to bed after that middle of the night i felt my arms were hot i pulled the cover little bit than i felt they are cold.then covered my self.i had a muscle ache for 2 minutes on my biceps.it passed after that.when i look at my tounge it was white completely n there were some round circles (sores)my tounge wasnt sore i had upset tummy too.but not lack of appitite,i wasnt trowing what i eat.i feel like my skin is burning like i got little sun burn(sensitive) essipecially when i cover my self.i felt fituge for 2 weeks.i went to a doctor told him all the symptoms that i had he check my ears temprature he sad that my temprature was normal.he said that white tounge is caused by candidas.he gave me flucanozole 50mg.i used it two weeks.first 2-3 days i look like it was working but it didnt,2 weeks after that i used fluconozole150 mg first day and 100mg everyday 4 one week.this doesnt help either!my fituge past in 2 weeks time.but my tounge is still the same if i eat acidic food i get more sore circles on the sides of my tounge.because of that my tounge start to fell sore.im scared to go to doctor again.it is very difficult to get tested in countries like ours.where i live people look at you differently.please help me doctor bob.im scared to death here.i read your comments regulary n iappriciate what you are doing.i would like to donate some money to your fund.i hope you answear my question.thank you ver much to spending your valuable time 4 my question.

hi from turkey 2 (Submitted Oct 20, 2008)

sorry i forgot to tell you 2 things!first of all im fun of you,we support brack obama at the election eventhough we cant vote.i hope he wins the elections.i had a fully check up 2 months before that intercourse.everything came back negative apart from 2 things im talassemi minor(medditerranian anemi)nurse asked me whether i had hepatitis jab or not i said yes,cos in the army they gave us some jabs i heard it from the soldiers one of them was hapatitis jab.i dont know how correct was that information.can you please tell me that med.anemi(talassemi) or hapatitis can cause all the promlems that i have.or reading too much on internet about this things.i have been worrying about getting infected with hiv night after that oral sex.ps.i didnt use any antibiotics before my toungue promlem.more news i see on tv or internet i woory more.looking forward to seeing your answears.thanks very much for your time doctor. once i get paid as i wrote you before l will donate 200$ your fund

Hi Turkey-Guy,

I combined your two posts.

The HIV-acquisition risk for insertive oral sex is extremely remote. Protected anal sex would be "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break.

Your "symptoms" are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, I doubt you have candidiasis, because it did not respond quickly to treatment with Fluconazole. There are many other causes for a coated tongue!

Regarding thalassemia minor and hepatitis vaccinations, these would not cause the problems you report.

Why are you afraid to go to the doctor again? Doctors are there to help you, not to pass judgment on your behavior or make you feel guilty or anxious! I'd suggest you see a different doctor. The first guy misdiagnosed your "candidiasis." If necessary, see an ENT (ear, nose and throat) physician to get this problem properly evaluated and cleared up.

Finally, if, despite my reassurance, you continue to worry about HIV, get an HIV-antibody test. I'm confident the result will be negative.

Regarding Obama, only two weeks to go and all the polls seem to indicate he will become our next president. I'm keeping fingers crossed. Hell, I'm keeping everything crossed fingers, toes (eyes?). And I hope he wins soon, as it's damn hard to type with all my digits intertwined.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are HIV negative.

Lamb skin condoms
planning to donate 50$ pls help me...