Lamb skin condoms

Dear Dr. Bob, I am poz my wife is neg. She keeps getting yeast infections from the extra strength condoms. I read somewhere that you can put a lamb skin condom over the latex condom. Is this safe.

Thanks,

William

Hi William,

Yes, you could give this a try. I don't recommend "double-bagging" with two latex condoms, because the latex-on-latex friction can weaken the integrity of the latex, thereby increasing the risk of condom breakage. This should not be a problem with using a lambskin condom over a latex condom. I'd suggest you use lubricant on the outside of the latex condom to improve the slip-and-slide effect. I'll also point out again for our readers that lambskin condoms do not protect against HIV.

One other idea to try is the female condom. It's made of polyurethane rather than latex.

help me doctor bob
hi from turkey