Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

will make 50$ donation pls answer!
Oct 21, 2008

sorry this might take a min.. About 6 months ago i engaged in a 3 some with a buddie of mine. Following them to his house i noticed she was giving him oral in the car for about 2 min.. after we got to his house i recieved oral and he had vaginal intercourse. It only took me about 3 min, she was good. After that i washed myself off and left. Three weeks later i got soar throat and swollen glands in my neck. The node umder my jaw was the only one swollen but about 2 months later it kinda went down and now i have 2 huge nodes on each side of my neck! they now seem to be stuck to my sternocleidomastiod. I went to the doctor and he ran cbc, hep, and mono(neg). But he didnt do hiv! the only thing that showed up was lymphocytes sightly elevated. I dont have any rash or fever or night sweats nor does my g/f. the node on my r/t side is long and narrow not really round i would say 4 cm in length and 2 cm in w. I also had a mmr vaccine for school because iam in lvn school! They were swollen about 3 weeks after that, 2 months after risk incounter! i feel ok but these damn glands r really making me crazy> can u suggest anything? i also have no other nodes swollen!!! thanks alo , justin

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Justin,

Insertive oral sex carries only an extremely low risk for HIV acquisition. I strongly doubt this is your problem.

Was your 0.4 cm by 2 cm swollen gland confirmed to be a swollen gland by a physician? If so, the physician should evaluate the potential cause. If not, you shouldn't be trying to self-examine and self-diagnose!

My advice is simple:

1. If you remain worried about HIV, get a single HIV-antibody test. I'm confident the result will be negative.

2. Have your "swollen gland" evaluated by your general internist.

Good luck in LVN school!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hi Bob, any news from this guy?
Next
Continual Republican Bashing

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.