Hi Bob, any news from this guy?

Hi Bob. Have you heard anything about this guy? Positive HIV DNA PCR Oct 17, 2008

Dr Bob, I just received my HIV DNA PCR Positive. I cannot believe this. I went to local hiv testing center and had negative oraquick after 3 weeks of exposure. I am on Xannax now. How can a handjob from a stripper give me HIV. I am in deep pain and anxiety. I dont want HIV doc but I got it.

hiv through risky handjob Sep 28, 2008

Hi Doc, I went to a dirty strip club where I got a hand job. What if the previous customer's hiv semen came in contact with my urethra through her hand. There was 5mins between me and previous one. I also dont know whether she had sores on her hand or wounds. Please let me know whether I need testing and can I have sex with my wife until 3 months results. I am also promise to send $50 donation for the great work your doing. Thanks

I'm starting to freak out; not only hiv is contagious... Take care Bob

Gus

Yep! As anticipated, his initial positive HIV DNA PCR was a false positive! Once again, this is a prime example of why this test should not be used for routine HIV-diagnostic screening! See below.

False Positive PCR (AN EXAMPLE OF WHY PCR TESTS SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR ROUTINE HIV SCREENING) Oct 21, 2008

Dr Bob Actually the Lab called me that they had reconfirmed the test and its negative.I am feeling really good now. Thanks. I will follow your advise and test only after 3 months

Positive HIV DNA PCR Oct 17, 2008

hiv through risky handjob Sep 28, 2008

Gus

Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely remote. However, if you remain worried, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. In the interim, you could use latex condoms with your wife. I'd also recommend leveling with her. (It's the right thing to do.)

The statistical odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your "risky handjob." Handjobs, in general, are not considered to be a risk for HIV.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will be negative. I'm quite confident it indeed will be negative.

As I have pointed out innumerable times on this site, PCR testing is not recommended for routine HIV diagnostic screening, due to the rate of false positives, other technical concerns and cost. Your HIV-exposure risk was negligible at best and now you have a positive qualitative HIV DNA PCR, which, in turn, has caused you "deep pain and anxiety" to the point you are freaking out and need to take Xanax. I still strongly doubt you are HIV positive based on what you have told me about your potential HIV exposure risk. Your next step should be to see an HIV specialist. He will be able to run the appropriate diagnostic studies to determine your true HIV serostatus. Write back after you've had that determination.

Excellent news! I'll post your update immediately, as I'm sure your initial post worried some of our chronic worried wells! Like you, they too will be relieved.

WOO-HOO!

Good ideas for good sex
will make 50$ donation pls answer!