Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Smart guy with probably dumb masturbation question
Oct 21, 2008

Hi Dr. Bob,

Im studying for an engineering PhD and am a call center volunteer (I go down to VA) for Obama, yet I probably have a question that makes me look like an idiot. Im a total stress case about this, so I hope you take pity on me and answer what is a silly question for my peace of mind.

Im gay and I was jerking off with a guy I just met. I finished and then stood up next to him while he lay on the bed continuing to jerk. I was still naked. When he ejaculated, nearly all of his ejaculate landed on his lower chest. However, I did notice a bit flew up near, not on, my penis. I did not feel anything wet hit my penis (and I am obviously paranoid so I was paying attention), but is it realistically possible with ejaculation that a small amount couldve also flown up and hit my penis? The room was relatively dark, but I did not see or feel any semen on my penis. So, the worst case scenario is that right when he ejaculated the cum or pre-cum went into the air in droplets so small I couldnt sense them and landed right on the urethra of my semi-erect penis. There was absolutely no possible fluid exchange other than at this moment.

As Im writing this, Im thinking I need anxiety counseling. But please just verify in clear terms about this risk so I can get back to studying and focus on my phone bank lists. How low or non-existent is my risk? Thanks Dr. Bob. Bob

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Bob,

First off, great name!

Next, your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. The chance that ejaculated cum or pre-cum went flying into the air in droplets so small you couldn't sense them and then landed right on the urethra of your semi-erect tallywhacker is so extremely remote it becomes essentially nonexistent. If you remain worried despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The test is not warranted medically, but if it puts your unwarranted worries permanently to rest, it may be worth the effort psychologically.

Now get back to those phones! If Obama doesn't win, we'll all need "anxiety counseling."

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
please answer this one
Next
re: are you a betting man?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.