test for a child
Oct 20, 2008
Doctor,please,answer my question.I learnt about my hiv pos. status yesterday.I m worrying about my child.He is 8 y.old.What test should we do to test him?IFA or PCR?Thank you.
Response from Dr. Frascino
The HIV-screening protocol for an eight-year-old child would be the same as for an adult: an ELISA followed by a confirmatory Western Blot, if the former is positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Is The Herpes Virus In A Male's Semen?
- Rapid Hepatitis Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.