Sorry to take away from your precious time

Hi Dr Bob, First of, your are a source of inspiration for everyone. You are truly one of the few good souls left on this planet.I have put a USD 100.00 cheque in the mail to your foundation. I hate to bother you and will be brief. 6 1/2 months ago I had a possible exposure, non consentual, not protected, receptive anal sex attempt with no ejaculation.Man caucasian, married and uknown status. However, there was some bleeding involved on my part. I have a collection of symptoms ever since, and still lasting today. White tongue, white nasty mouth peelings (i do wear a nightguard that might not be well fitted), I am bitting my tongue and inner cheeks... Gatrointestinal problems with constant diahrrea for 5 months. My GI diagnosed me with IBS and now am taking probiotics daily and have gotten much better, The first month I had a rash on back of my legs that burn when in contact with clothe. It is gone and has not come back. Weight loss(8 lbs), though I have started to put weight loss back on. Heavy acne, Panick attacks, anxiety, stress and depression. I am currently seeing a therapist and she insists is a long process to recovery. I am also on anxiety medication. My tests so far as follows; 4 weeks DNA/PCR + Antibody negative 8 weeks DNA/PCR + Antibody negative 12 weeks Antibody HIV 1/2 negative 20 weeks Antibody HIV 1/2 negative 26 weeks Antibody HIV 1/2 negative

I do have gentital herpes from before and have tested negative for HEP B/C at 3, 5 and 6 months. CBC W/ platelet and liver function tests within normal limits. I still cant shake the fear of HIV and am not convinced with my results. I feel the urge to test at 8, 10 and 12 months. My internist feels that no more test are warranted. I am getting a hep A/B shot today. Would that affect my HIV results, should I decide to test further? Do you consider that I am negative or suggest further testing. Your response would be greatly regarded. Thanks in advance and thank you for the precious time you dedicate to all of us.... Kitten

Hello Kitten,

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 26 weeks are definitive and conclusive. No further HIV tests are medically warranted; however, in light of the traumatic, non-consensual nature of your potential exposure, additional testing may be warranted for psychological reasons. I'll leave that decision up to your therapist. I have absolutely no doubt that if you get further HIV tests, the results will again be negative. You correctly identified your major problem as "I can't shake the fear of HIV . . . ." BINGO! Your problem is "FEAR of HIV," not HIV itself! I encourage you to continue working with your therapist to confront and conquer those fears. She will help you eventually accept the truly wonderful reality that you dodged the HIV bullet and are irrefutably and definitively HIV negative.

Regarding hepatitis vaccines, they should not affect your HIV test results.

Thank you for your generous and compassionate donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your therapy soon helps you realize that HIV is not your problem.

Be well!

Waiting for results (from Milano) part 2
I have been going nuts waiting for a response!