Are you a betting man, Dr Bob?

Well here's the deal. I have negative tests at 79 days (11.2 weeks) post exposure, and 129 days (18.3 weeks) post exposure.. If, when I get tested at 6 months, it remains negative, I will donate 1000. However if it turns positive you will personally have to fly over to blighty and pull me from the rock I will have climbed under, maybe with an inspirational speech or something of the like.. I live in a beautiful city (a rarity over here) so it wouldn't be all that bad. Deal?

Let me break down how this bet works in your favour... Chance my female bonk buddy was positive - 1 in 1000 (here in the UK), Chance i got infected from 7 (roughly) exposures - 1 in 275, and most importantly the chance I'm infected despite the 2 neg results at 11 and 18 weeks - probably about 1 in 10,000 if that. (Considering here in the UK, and probably many other places, nobody has seroconverted after 3 months in the last 10 years). If you look at it from a statistical point of view, I'm more likely to be run over by George Bush riding an elephant while singing the Iranian national anthem on the top of the eiffel tower, than to be HIV positive. My belief that I'll win the bet is based purely on the huge range of messed up, never before experienced, symptoms that I've had.

PS. I'd like a large chunk of the 1000 to go towards preventing African mothers passing the infection on to their babies, and another large chunk to go towards treatment for some of the many who can't afford it. Although I'm sure you'll know what to do with it. That is if i lose by the way.

Deal!

I'm definitely a gambling man and I'm so absolutely convinced that I'll win this bet that I'll send a copy of this post to the executive board of my foundation (comprised of HIV specialist physicians from around the world who volunteer their time to help with our mission) so they can begin planning what to do with your generous gift. (Should the gift materialize, we would certainly follow your wishes regarding putting it to effective use in the areas you specified.)

If I lose, and I'm completely confident I won't, I'd be delighted to fly over the pond and pull you from the rock using whatever means necessary inspirational speech, piano performance, home-cooked lasagna dinner, whatever it takes!

Finally, as for Dubya running amuck atop an elephant while singing the Iranian national anthem on top of the Eiffel Tower, well, that would be far from the dumbest thing he's done over the past eight years!

Thank you for your kind "bet." In return, I'm sending you my very best good-luck/good-health karma that your six-month HIV test remains negative. (I'm confident it will.) I should advise you my good-luck/good-health karma has yet to fail!

Be well!

Have you Ever Considered Putting a Book Together?
Risk for female if male never cums inside her