Waiting for results (from Milano)

After some high risk exposures like insertive anal sex without condom I decided to get tested. I have to wait 20 days for the results. I delevoped a lymadenopathy in the groin. The nodes are quite big. No fever or rashes but sometimes night sweats. My doc told me that the sweats could be stress related. Obviously I'm a bit scared. I know I made misstakes and I finally decided to have a complete blood test done including other STD's. Is there a chance to be neg.? It's a QTND but you're the only person I can tell at the moment. Your reply would be very helpful.

Is there a chance you are HIV negative? Yes, absolutely. Not every exposure to HIV leads to HIV transmission/acquisition. In fact, the vast majority of exposures do not result in transmission of the virus (thankfully!). That said, I'm glad you are getting tested. Unprotected anal sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently, testing is certainly warranted. Try not to worry about your symptoms. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. You can read much more about HIV testing, HIV-sexual transmission and symptoms in the archives. We have entire chapters dedicated to these topics.

Good luck. I'm here if you need me.

Very Big Scare in Mexico & nPEP
no documented cases?