Anxiety or HIV

7 weeks ago i had unprotected anal sex with a person who showed me a negative HIV test 2 weeks old. After that, i had tremendous stress and anxiety on work and since then, i had muscle ache, itching skin for almost 2-3 weeks, i had a flu (5-6 weeks afterward) which lasted 4-5 days with muscle aches and headaches plus the regular itches. I am very afraid because these are the same symptoms for acute HIV. Plus, i have some joint pain on my shoulder and slight muscle ache. So, my question is - is my stress, anxiety and fear of HIV playing games with me and show me things that don't really exist, or should i test for HIV?

Unprotected sex places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. Even if your buddy did have an HIV-negative test two weeks ago, that would leave him a whole 14 days prior to your unsafe romp during which he could have played commando-Rambo-Brokeback Mountain with other dudes. Should you get tested for HIV? Absolutely. You placed yourself at risk and therefore need HIV testing at the three-month mark, whether or not you have symptoms.

Symptoms, by the way, are very unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. The reason to worry and to test is HIV-risk exposure and not whether or not one experiences symptoms.

I urge you never to put yourself at risk again.

False positive?
Fleshlight