valtrex and false negative test

my question is if you are drinking valtrex for chicken pox and you make an HIV test, the valtrex can affect the result? please it is very important to me thanks yam from puerto rico

Hello Yam from Puerto Rico,

As with so many questions that get submitted, the information you request was already waiting for you in the archives. (See below.) I once again urge all readers to check the archives before submitting their questions!!! It's a much quicker and more efficient way to get the information they need or reassurance they desire.

Can Valtrex effect HIV antibody test Jun 17, 2006

I am currently being tested for HIV. I have taken a heavy dose of Valtrex during April 2006 for 15 days. The intial dose was 2 grams for 10 days and 1 gram for 5 days. I subsequently found after a blood test that I didn't have herpes 1 or 2. Can this heavy medication affect my HIV test that I took in May 2006. I have been reading on the web that certain heavy doses of HAART treatment can lower antibody levels which may affect the HIV test. I am not sure if Valtrex would be considered a HAART.

Valtrex is not HAART, nor does it affect HIV test results.

managing my own health
pregnancy and inconclusive HIV WB test (PREGNANCY) (INDETERMINATE WESTERN BLOT, 2008)