Oct 15, 2008
Dr. Bob, If the new treatment guideline is to start treatment at CD4 count of 350, is the new definition of AIDS also at CD4 count of 350? or still at the CD4 count of 200?
Response from Dr. Frascino
The CDC case definition for AIDS is completely independent of treatment guidelines. The definition for AIDS remains the same. Guidelines for when to begin antiretrovirals have changed a number of times, based on increased knowledge of HIV/AIDS pathogenesis and the development and availability of new, novel, less toxic and better tolerated antiretroviral therapies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Hpv Genital Wart Be Detected In A Pap Smear?
- What Will Happen If You Have Sex While Having Hpv?
- What Can Cause Blisters On Vagina Besides Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- Syphilis Chancre Topical Cream
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.