Risk of transmission while on pep

Dear Bob I had sex with a sex worker and condom broke. Took pep within 12 hrs. On the 19th day, had sex with my wife and condom broke again. I tested at 2weeks, 3 weeks, six weeks and 8 weeks post exposure all negative. My question is in the event than i turn out gegative, is it possible that i could have infected my wife while on pep because the virus was still in the body and would this mean my wife can then infect me if i turn out negative after completing pep.

Thanks.

Let me get this straight. You are wondering about the following: Having started a course of PEP within 12 hours following a broken-condom sexcapade with a sex worker and having experienced a broken-condom incident with your wife on day 19 of your PEP course, if you turn out to be "gegative," could your wife infect you with HIV, even though you turn out to be negative after completing PEP!?!?! Yikes! Who are you, Sarah Palin's soulmate? That's the most nonsensical, convoluted, self-centered notion I've ever heard; save, of course, what the real Sarah "I can see Russia from my house" Palin spewed out during those Katie Couric interviews.

Dude, you can't give someone something you don't have. That goes for both you and your wife.

My advice is simple:

1. Complete your course of PEP and follow the post-PEP testing guidelines.

2. Level with your wife.

3. Check the expiration date on your condoms.

4. Review proper condom use. They very rarely break when used properly.

5. Review absolutely everything on this site related to HIV-sexual transmission.

Blindness/low vision and safe sex
HIV/AIDS