Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Strange Question
Oct 14, 2008

Ok here we go.. You have helped me before and hopefully can help again. I sent a donation for your hard work and will do so again, not for an answer but because you do a lot for us on this site. Here is my dilemma... An aqaintance of mine, that is homosexual yet never uses protection, used my toothpaste and put in on his finger to brush his teeth. Shortly after that I put toothpaste on my toothbrush and noticed there was something on it so I rubbed my brush at the bottom of the sink to take it off. I then realized the aqaintance had just spit in the sink to spit out the tooth paste he had used. I got so scared, so I let the very hot water run through my brush, and actually splashed some rubbing alcohol and then ran it under the hot water again. Crazy? yes, maybe : / is there any risk of hiv? would hot water kill or inactivate hiv? Please help, you have been a lot of my sanity because of your straightforwardness. Donation on its way, with or without a response. Thank you!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

The HIV transmission/acquisition risk from the events you describe is exactly zero. That's right zero, zip, nada, bupkis! If HIV were spread that easily, it would have wiped out the planet long ago.

Thanks for your tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stop worrying!

Dr. Bob

Previous
3 years later...
Next
HIV ANAL WART (Human Papillomavirus (HPV))

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.