Strange Question

Ok here we go.. You have helped me before and hopefully can help again. I sent a donation for your hard work and will do so again, not for an answer but because you do a lot for us on this site. Here is my dilemma... An aqaintance of mine, that is homosexual yet never uses protection, used my toothpaste and put in on his finger to brush his teeth. Shortly after that I put toothpaste on my toothbrush and noticed there was something on it so I rubbed my brush at the bottom of the sink to take it off. I then realized the aqaintance had just spit in the sink to spit out the tooth paste he had used. I got so scared, so I let the very hot water run through my brush, and actually splashed some rubbing alcohol and then ran it under the hot water again. Crazy? yes, maybe : / is there any risk of hiv? would hot water kill or inactivate hiv? Please help, you have been a lot of my sanity because of your straightforwardness. Donation on its way, with or without a response. Thank you!

The HIV transmission/acquisition risk from the events you describe is exactly zero. That's right zero, zip, nada, bupkis! If HIV were spread that easily, it would have wiped out the planet long ago.

Thanks for your tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stop worrying!

3 years later...
HIV ANAL WART (Human Papillomavirus (HPV))