Scared to death!!!

Hello Dr. Frascino

I will be direct. I like getting blown I used to always wear condoms but based on what I've read the risk is almost non existant of HIV transmission via this method of unsafe sex. I got blown more or less about 10 times this summer (differnt encounters). For the first time I engaged in 69 with a TV (not the tube)about two weeeks later I developed a severe rash all over my body and now I have been having low grade fever I realized the day I engaged in 69 tasted blood from my upper gum due to a small irritation I'm freaking out now I will go back to strictly engaging in safe sex from here on in. Dr. I'm really scared and wantto know if you think this may be a sign of HIV infection I will make a donation to your foundation since the it's the least I can do since you are always so helpful and compassionate..no bullshit you are an awesome human being!

Thanks!

The HIV-acquisition risk from 69ing is very low. "Symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. If you remain worried, get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The statistical odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV, even with the small irritation on your gum and tasting blood.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. (I'm confident it indeed will be!)

azathioprine and HIV risk.
Oral Fairy Nightmare