Revelations...Not a question. A victory.

I will try to briefly tell my story and do so as concise as possible. It all started about two years ago. My mid twenties had been years predicated upon fear and belief that I was HIV positive. Although my own personal claims were completely unsubstantiated, nothing could dissuade me. I became absolutely obsessed with the disease. I used to spend countless hours reading this forum just to put me at ease, (I feel like I know you Bob!). I would also read medical books for hours not just on HIV, but countless other diseases that I thought I had. I had been tested three times prior, but I still was in disbelief. I ran the full gamut of diseases too. Went to the ER because I thought I had the West Nile virus!. Finally after another neurotic episode at the doctors office, I was given the card of a psychiatrist. Angry at the thought that people thought I was crazy, I immersed myself in more med books to prove them wrong. After a crazed depression, I found out that most of my afflictions were caused by the deep amount of stress I had put on my body, just over fear. They say that about 80 percent of all doctors visits are stress related. Trust me, the stress that fear can place on your body, has the ability to destroy you. Stress probably has the ability to kill you faster than most infectious diseases do. If this helps one person, than the time it took writing it was well worth it. Don't waste your time fearing death, for the only thing you waste is your life. I wanted to thank you Bob, for your support, humor, and time throughout my hypochondria. Even though I never spoke with you directly, you no doubt gave me a lot of help indirectly. The service you do is wonderous, and I truly wish you the best my friend. Take care, and may the force be with you!

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and new insights! I'm confident your testimonial will indeed help others eventually escape their own self-inflicted worried-well hells!

Be well. Stay well. May the force be with us all.

Don't you get hiv straight-away is someone is hiv Positive?
Confession