anal scratching - donation on the way

Dr Bob,

I recently developed an annoying anal itch that won't go away. Everytime I go to bed, it starts to itch. One day I found out that one of my co workers was HIV positive and that I might have touched her blood the day her nose wouldn't stop bleeding and I went to help. I was stupid enough to not wash my hands. It was late at night so I went home(and scratched again in bed) I think I always break the membranes there whenever I scratch but what are the chances of a couple drops of almost dry blood getting into my body this way? Please respond, I'll make a 100$ donation too, in order to help those already infected.

Thanks a lot.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. HIV doesn't survive very long outside the body.

As for your anal itch, I'd suggest you see a dermatologist. There are a number of possible causes ranging from dry skin to a fungal infection to crabs to hemorrhoids. Treatment is readily available once the cause is diagnosed. So stop scratching and get treated!

Thanks for your tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

paranoid android - strip club towels
Don't you get hiv straight-away is someone is hiv Positive?