Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Okay Damm_t!
Oct 13, 2008

Dr. Bob, I just want to come through this email and give you a big hug as I sit here crying and reading the stories and the memorials of so many people. Crying the tears of love, hope, pain, uncertainty and all of the rest of the emotions. I will pass it forward as you have said before but I have to do more. I am so compelled almost wanting to resign from my job and dedicate my life to a cure and just helping. I am compelled to logging on every day just to read and share. It is almost like you all are an educated family full of lover and understanding. I have never ever seen anything like it in my 36 yars of living. I will never be the same. I will donate to the site but it's just not enough. I will call the local hospitals or shelter and ask what I can do. No need to respond to this email as you have so many other emails to answer but then I am sobbing even harder becuase not only are you dealing with your own health but you spend countless hours of your time responding to people, assuring them of help and consoling them the way no one else can because you simply understand. My goodnes.. I am just simply thankful for your and one I am sure our paths will cross and I will be the African American young lady with a big smile and open arms wanting to you give you the biggest love filled hug!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello African American Young Lady with the Big Smile and Open Arms,

Thank you for making my day! (And mind you, I was already having a wonderful day to begin with!). Your kind comments touched my heart. I sometimes worry that the millions of words I type into this electronic box and send into cyberspace never reach their intended target. But when I get comments like yours it fortifies me to redouble my efforts to do all that's in my power to turn the tide on this human tragedy. Thanks for joining me in the fight! Welcome aboard!

One last thing: I'd suggest you dry those big crocodile tears. Otherwise, you'll risk either getting dehydrated or possibly short circuiting the computer with the downpour!

Keep smiling! I'm looking forward to that hug!

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
conflicting opinions on my test results, don't know what to think and only trust you guys!
Next
pep question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.