I've got flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them.

Okay, last try. That's the best subject title line I've got and I just made a donation! Reference# ETGEXXXXXXXX***.

I was checking out at a grocery store, the cashier cut her hand and there was a smearing of her fresh (less than a minute old) blood on the bag. I picked it up without thinking. I know there is no risk of hiv transmission if you were to get a small amount of hiv+ blood briefly on intact skin.

My concern is what if I had a small amount of the cashiers blood on my hands (that I did not see) and then within a minute or two, I unconsciously touched the corner of my mouth, inner nose or rubbed the corner of my eye? THESE ARE ALL MUCOUS MEMBRANES, and this perhaps small amount of blood that could have been on my fingers was a mere 1-2 minutes old. Is hiv testing warranted or is this not a realistic mode of mucous membrane transmission.

OK. OK. Don't send the flying monkeys! I give up! I'll answer!

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. Gosh, if HIV were that easy to contract, it would have wiped out the planet (and the merry 'ol land of Oz as well) long ago. Testing is not warranted.

So, stop worrying and start joyfully singing "ding dong the witch and my HIV fears are dead!" (I know it doesn't rhyme, but you can't sing on key anyway, so it really doesn't matter.)

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. I'll send a formal acknowledgement and thank-you via snail mail (or flying monkey) soon.

Be well! (Yes, you're well.)

weakly reactive rapid test
made two huge mistakes