The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

unprotected sex

Oct 6, 2008

I have one week ago and unprotected sex with somebody who after that told he is hiv positive, but them he told me that blood test was undetectable and his level virus it is very low anyway I am so concern and I don't know what to do and why I trust him I feel so stupid, he did not came inside me so he say that I am safe and hiv could be cure but people don;t said it, I don;t believed what should I do.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Unprotected sex does place you at risk for acquiring STDs, including HIV. You'll need an HIV test at the three-month mark. If indeed your top gun has an HIV plasma viral load, which has been driven down to undetectable levels with antiretroviral medications, the risk of HIV transmission would be significantly decreased. By not ejaculating inside you, the HIV risk decreases further (but certainly is not completely eliminated).

Finally, it's important to note that HIV is not yet curable. In fact, an HIV/AIDS cure is not even on the distant horizon.

As far as what you should do:

1. Get HIV tested at the three-month mark.

2. Learn more about HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing and safer sexual techniques.

3. Never ever put yourself at risk again.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

chances to getting HIV
Is it possible that I caught new strain of HIV from Singapore and it's undetectable?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint