Thank You - Moving On!

Dr. Bob:

Thank you for your forum and for your clear and witty answers to questions. After a long-struggle (2 years) with anxiety over taking an HIV test, I finally got the courage to go this week. My rapid test was negative - and while I can look back and feel regret about lost time searching the internet for symptoms and not believing fact, I will instead look to the future by being smart with my body, dealing with my anxiety with a professional, and by donating to your foundation!

To all those endlessly searching for symptoms and worrying yourself: knowing is really an empowering thing!

Thank you for the great work you do - this whole experience is humbling and one that I will use to guide my own life and to help others.

- Another ex-worried well!

Hello "Another Ex-Worried Well,"

BRAVO! for finally growing a pair, getting tested and freeing yourself from your self-induced worried-well hell! I'll gladly add you to our exponentially growing X-Files (ex-worried wells)!

I'm delighted you decided to substitute "time searching the internet for symptoms and not believing fact" for ". . . being smart with (your) body, dealing with your anxiety with a professional and donating to (my) foundation." BRAVO!

Thanks for writing in and sharing your good news. You are well on your way back to excellent physical and psychological health and happiness.

hiv from bloody food
bed bugs and hiv (BED BUGS, 2008)