Handjob Myth

What happened to this guy. Was his western blot negative.Is he OK

Handjob Myth

Dear Bob I wold please request you to post my question. I had a massage+handjob exposure 2 months back. No-Oral/vagianl/Anal sex of any kind. 7 weeks later I got flu and I was scared that it could be becasue of this exposure. I tested positive for Elisa and aawaiting W Blot test. The female who massaged me wore pants all along. I am scared...I have no other risky exposures ever. Please revert Please

"Please 'revert" please"??? What does that mean?

"Handjob myth"? What myth?

If your only HIV risk was a rub-and-tug from a masseuse who wore pants, your chance of contracting the virus is nonexistent. That would indicate your positive ELISA is a "false positive," which I anticipate is indeed the case. If the follow-up Western Blot (WB) is negative, that would confirm my suspicion and confirm your negative status. It would also cause you to rename the title of your post from "Handjob Myth" to Handjob Reality Associated With Premature Worry". Let me know your WB result and we'll take it from there, OK?

Yep, as anticipated, he's fine. His risk was essentially nonexistent. His ELISA was falsely positive and his Western Blot was negative. Please note a positive ELISA and negative confirmatory Western Blot are considered a negative HIV test.

Thanks!
Family Med Resident