crabs (CRABS)

the real name for crabs

The little creatures have many names, including: Phthirus pubis, pubic lice, crab lice, Pediculosis pubis and "oh my God, creepy crawly bugs on my nether regions!"

I'll repost below a few crab-related posts from the archives.

herpes and crabs Mar 17, 2007

can a person get herpes or carbs from oral sex and if so how long does it take for symptoms to show?

Can a person get "herpes" from oral sex? Sure. Symptoms begin several days after exposure.

Next, can you get "carbs" from oral sex? Well, when you get a mouthful of spunk, you get more protein than carbs. One wonders why you ask. Are you on a low-carbs diet or something???

Finally, from your title, it appears you want to know about crabs (in addition to "carbs"). Crabs (pubic lice) infest mainly the hair of the pubic region. However, they can also infest eyelashes and beards. They are transmitted primarily during sexual contact.

crabs Jul 7, 2006

what kind of over-the-counter drug can i use to get rid of crabs in the pubic hairs?

Try RID. It's available over the counter. Massage it into dry affected hairy areas and leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it off. Clothing and bedding must be washed and dried in a hot dryer. This should be done at the same time you treat yourself. If this doesn't clear up the problem, you'll need to see your doctor for a prescription-strength product.

TMI (Too Much Information)
What are my chances?