Dr. Bob, can you help a brother out?

Hi Dr. Bob,

You are doing a great service providing information to many worried wells like me. My question is: I had protected insertive vaginal sex with a pro, latex condom did not break. after we finished, she pulled off the condom with some tissue. Afterwards, she used the bundled tissue and condom to dab the head of my penis to clean. I'm worried, some of her vaginal fluid on the condom/tissue might have made contact with my urethra. Should I be worried about this? I could not find anything similar in the archives. Thank you

Hey,

Your worries are unwarranted. HIV is actually much more difficult to acquire than most folks realize. If you remain concerned, despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test (ELISA, EIA, rapid) at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative. But if that is what it takes to put your residual fears permanently to rest, it will be worth the effort. (Personally, I don't feel HIV testing is medically warranted.)

Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe.

ELISA POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE WESTERN BLOT
Thank you Dr. Bob