Sep 30, 2008
I perform oral sex on girl if she has thrush can pass it to my mouth
| Response from Dr. McGowan
Thrush is caused by candida, which is a type of fungus. Most thrush comes from within our own system and is not spread from one person to another. So your risk of catching thrush through oral sex should not be a concern. However, oral sex can transmit other STDs, such as herpes, syphilis and HIV (you can acquire new HIV strains). The best protection is with a latex barrier (dental dam.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Should A Person Wait After Intercourse To Get An Hiv Test?
- Hiv Deaths Per Year Globally
- Life Expectancy For Hep C And Cirrhosis Patients
- How Long Does It Take For Elavil To Eliminate Neuropathy?
- Can The Use Of Lubricants Containing Nonoxynol-9 Further Reduce Hiv Risk?
- Is Flaky Skin Around Nose A Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.