Sep 30, 2008
I perform oral sex on girl if she has thrush can pass it to my mouth
Response from Dr. McGowan
Thrush is caused by candida, which is a type of fungus. Most thrush comes from within our own system and is not spread from one person to another. So your risk of catching thrush through oral sex should not be a concern. However, oral sex can transmit other STDs, such as herpes, syphilis and HIV (you can acquire new HIV strains). The best protection is with a latex barrier (dental dam.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Infection Sharing A Cigarette
- Dizziness Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.