Sep 30, 2008
I perform oral sex on girl if she has thrush can pass it to my mouth
Response from Dr. McGowan
Thrush is caused by candida, which is a type of fungus. Most thrush comes from within our own system and is not spread from one person to another. So your risk of catching thrush through oral sex should not be a concern. However, oral sex can transmit other STDs, such as herpes, syphilis and HIV (you can acquire new HIV strains). The best protection is with a latex barrier (dental dam.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.