Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Thanks

Thank you Dr. Bob, for your good advice and humor, it gave me a laugh and did ease some of my thoughts. Beyond all that is there any explanation for my daily fatigue? Also I have contsant pain under my arms in the arm pit area, feeling like swollen lymph nodes/glands. Those 2 things being another reason that I thought I had AIDS/HIV, and then thought I was dying. Forgetting about the disease and the dying, is there anything that I should worry about due to the fatigue and arm pit pains...could that all be in my head as well??? Could that be a long term stress related incident? Could I have caused these feelings myself becasuse of the AIDS thoughts as a child???

You're welcome. Since you are writing back, I guess it's safe to assume you're still not yet pushing up daisies! Good for you! You made it another day!!!!

I cannot diagnose specific ailments over the Internet. However, it is entirely possible that your anxiety over this entire issue has resulted in the symptoms you mention. If you're concerned, see your general medical doctor for an evaluation. If no physical cause can be determined for your symptoms (as I anticipate), you should consider psychosomatic illness as the most likely cause.

Please Help!!!!! Sep 29, 2008

I am a 27 year old male who has been convinced he was dying since about 11. I had a homosexual encounter when I was 10 and I believe that one experience has changed my entire life. I would be told later by numerous therapists that it was actually sex abuse because the age difference (he was 15). Anyway, I had recently learned of the many diseases that can be transmitted through anal sex, HIV/AIDS being the worst. So of course that was what I had. After years of worry and numerous negative tests I am still convinced I have it, and have given to people I care about. I started really freaking out about 4 years ago when I had a sexual relationship with an older woman that lasted about 3 months. We had lots of unprotected sex. About a month before we ended things I began to feel extremely tired and out of it. I went and had blood work done and everything came back normal. A few worrisome months passed and I got a full physical done, HIV test included, and those also returned perfectly normal results. My question(s) is how accurate are HIV tests and do symptoms begin immediately after exposure (i.e. fatigue, swollen glands, confusion, tingling/numbness, ect)? And what are the most common symptoms? Thanks

You've been convinced you've been dying for 16 years????? Even in a Wagnerian opera, it doesn't take someone that long to croak.

Dude, your numerous negative tests are absolutely definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. (No McCain. No Sarah "I can see Russia from my house" Palin.) You have overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you are HIV negative. How you choose to live with that reality is up to you.

You report despite years of worry and numerous negative tests, you remain convinced you are infected and have transmitted HIV to people you care about. You also report you've seen "numerous therapists." Apparently, you don't believe "numerous negative HIV tests" or the "numerous therapists." This is your choice. But it doesn't change the reality of your negative HIV status. Your fears are totally unwarranted and completely irrational. I urge you to seek additional psychiatric help. Your problem is not virologic; it's psychological. Yep, it is indeed all in your head. Unfortunately, you probably won't believe me either.

Sculptra works
Re: HIV Positive or Negative