French In Dubai

Dear Doc

First I m sorry for my poor English because I m French working in a French company in Dubai.So please if you did not get the meaning of any information just ask me & I ll try to clarify things.

My story is that one day I was invited to my friend house for a dinner and we were drunk , so her girl friend asked another guy I have doubt that he s a drug user & me to prepare the table cutlery , dishes , tumbler etc , so while putting glass tumblers one of them go down on the floor and broke , so do not make any trouble with her girl friend I tried to pick broken glass pieces by hands and the drug user helped me we were both select glasses in the same area, but accidently he cut deeply his hand and without thinking and after less the one second I took by hand the same piece with blood on it and unluckily I cut also my hand so deeply The guy the drug user was so displease that I cut my hand with the same piece of glass , I dont know if he know that he s HIV positive!!!

Please tell me about the risk in this accident and if I have to make any test , please I need your answers because I m really confused , I dont know if I have to leave this country and go back to France .

Jano

Bonsoir Jano,

Tu peux m'écrire en français si u veux.

The chances you contracted HIV from the situation you describe are extremely remote. If you remain concerned, get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from being cut by the same glass shard that initially cut the drug-user guy.

fiance having symptoms now!! please give your opinion
PEP and sore neck/ars (PEP AND THE NEED FOR HIV SPECIALIST 2008)