Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oral trush and Insertive Fellatio
Sep 29, 2008

Dear Dr.Robert J. Francisno:

I had a Blowjob from a prostitute the 3er of september, I was unprotected, it was only for 4 minutes, I had no sores or anything rare, no blood no nothing, since that, I read the next day most of the Insertive fellatio, since I Know theres a low risk I have been very very anxious and nervious, a lot.

1.- If I have Oral trush (white tounge) does it means that I am HIV Positive alrady? 2.- Should I get the elisa test or WB test if 4 weeks hasve passed since that incident?

please respond as soon as posible cause I dying here, very afraid, Im from mexico, sorry for my grammar but Iam to nervious

Please reply as soon as posible.

Congratulations for your work

Plaese send Info for donnating to your foundation

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You are correct: unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a negligible risk for HIV acquisition. Consequently, being "very, very anxious and nervious, a lot" is not warranted! To address your specific questions:

1. I strongly doubt your "white tounge" is "oral trush." However, even if you did have thrush, please note the vast majority of cases of oral candidiasis (thrush) have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. Also, note the vast majority of causes of "white tongue" have nothing to do with oral thrush!

2. If you remain worried about HIV, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three moths from the date of potential exposure are not considered to be definitive or conclusive.

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thank you for your interest. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will be negative. I strongly suspect it indeed will be. While waiting for your three-month test, I strongly suggest you spend some time reviewing the information in the archives of this forum. We have entire chapters devoted to oral sex, symptoms, HIV tests and other related topics. I'm confident you'll find the information there very reassuring as well as enlightening.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Follow Up re PEP
Next
ELISA/EIA & WB result for post-ARV patients with undetectable viral load

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.